Re: [RC] Freeform Saddle and the MW-HW rider? - Christina Schiro

I'm in the Heavyweight division and ride in a Barefoot Cheyenne treeless saddle. We just did our first 25 mile ride and my horse got all A's, including his back/withers. I have two "special" saddle pads (Equipedic and Skito) designed to be used with treeless saddles which has thicker strategically placed foam inserts to protect the horses spine and to absorb and disperse the riders weight.

Karla Watson <karlawatson@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Many, many heavyweight riders ride in treeless saddles and are riding very successfully with many, many miles with them.
-----------Karla Watson/Oregon
I have been following most of the posting on the freeform treeless saddles, and like what I see.  I too, am having a hard time fitting my ever changing gelding!!  However, after having baby, I am not longer.... shall we say... a featherweight!!  I would be considered a MW rider.  What is opiniong or experience you guys may have on using a treeless with a middle to heavyweight rider??  And yes, I do consider myself very balanced and light with my horses.  Thanks!!