[RC] foot protection - smuncy

 Whether shod, barefoot or padded - up to individual and their horse. I personnally would rather prevent*  than treat a stone bruise / cut sole,  ( and being that  as you said, you have never competed,  nor ?? done alot ?, read -  miles, of riding over "rough" trail,.. well ? ).  I  give my horse and myslef ever advantage to  finish  a ride. And whether shod. padded, or barefoot -- 'sound'  is 'sound'. Just what is your point?  FYI,  would give Bute after a ride same as I would take advil, aspirin, more for muscle soreness, not for lameness, and only then sometimes.  Stephanie M ( Did most of mileage with padded horses, and dare you say they are/ were not qualified for endurance)