Sent: Monday, November 07, 2005 4:15 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] Rude Riders, Bike Riders too.

Here in Oregon we've just survived another general deer season.  I have to say, the hunters we encountered this year  in the woods, on the trails and on the access roads were polite and careful around the horses.

I do have a complaint, however, and I don't know how to address it.  I ride on a series of old single track trails that get me from our place  to another trail system where I meet up with the riders I condition with.  Granted, these trails probably seem pretty distant and remote to folks who got there on foot, but by the end of deer season, the woods looked like a giant latrine.  There was human waste and toilet tissue everywhere.  I kept wondering, "Who raised these people?"  I considered a letter to the editor of the local paper, but I doubt it would reach the right readers.

Any suggestions?

Nancy Sturm