[RC] Rude (or poor) Riders - Susan, Princess of Pink

I've read a few posts on this thread...and only a few.  I, too, can site examples of truly rude riders.  I can also site examples of inexperienced or poor horsemanship.  Both are out there and at any given point in time the rude or poor horseman is US!  I try not to be a habitually rude or poor horseman and that's about the best I can hope for.

Here's some words of wisdom from my Daddy.  When someone does something that just has your teeth clenched, remember..."THERE'S ALWAYS ONE!"  There's always ONE rude person at a ride; there's always ONE negligent driver on the road; there's always ONE thief in the store; there's always ONE person making you wait to turn onto a busy road.  There's ALWAYS ONE.

Once you understand this concept, you can be prepared to deal with that ONE person with whom you WILL come in contact.  If you find yourself on a narrow trail with no escape from fast approaching riders, have a plan to deal with it.  Hold your hand up to warn them; (or) tell your horse riders, and not bears, are coming up behind you; (or) try to find a spot to edge out of the way; (or) speed up.  But, whatever YOU do, make sure you could re-tell your actions to your parents, children, pastor, teachers (whomever) and not have to substitute appropriate language or actions for what you really said or did.  Someone elses' behavior does NOT dictate YOUR behavior.

Susan [Young], The Princess of Pink
Semper Obliquo (Always aside)

Glenndale Grace Farm, Ft Gibson, Oklahoma U.S.A.

"Ride on! Rough-shod if need be, smooth-shod if that will do, but ride on! Ride on over all obstacles, and win the race!" - Charles Dickens (1812-1870)