RE: [RC] rude riders revisited - Alisanne Steele

>It is sad that ones first time coming out to volunteer at a ride will turn them off to the sport. He even mentioned he avoids riding on the day of the ride on those trails, as >he just does not want to deal with "endurance riders"......

>Jonni>

I just got home from volunteering from the Smokey Killen Memorial (4th Annual) Pioneer ride in Silver Springs, Nevada.? It was my first endurance ride exposure (Unless you count ride-n-ties back in the ‘80s).? As I want to enter my 5 year old ¾ Arab, Taz, in rides for the 2006 season, I figured this was a good way to meet people, determine the gear/tack/etc. that I would need, and to see what the ride camp/atmosphere was all about….

I brought my friend, and we served as Vet secretary (myself), and in/out timer (my friend).? We were both treated very well by the Vet, the ride management, and the riders! We both felt very welcome.

Thank you to all who participated for making this a very positive experience and for encouraging me to ride next year!

Alisanne Steele & Taz

Reno, Nevada

sanne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

There's nothing better for the soul of a man than the outside of a horse.
                  ~Ronald Reagan