[RC] Rope Burn Update - Valerie Nicoson

Thanks to all who have responded publicly and privately regarding your choice of treatment
for Rope Burns.  Please email me if anyone would like a summary of all the treatment options
that have been provided.
Tonight I put some Corona ointment on it...bought from the local farm/home store.

I'm still confused regarding when to hose or not to hose the leg due to swelling.
I realize swelling is understandable with any kind of wound...but can someone please help
me better understand about hosing a leg to reduce the swelling, even if temporarily, and
relief from the heat and thus perhaps make the horse feel better (or is it just to make me feel
better??).  My belief and please correct me if I'm wrong is that hosing will temporarily reduce
the swelling and all that and leading to cleaning the wound before applying more ointment.

I'm being told where I board that I don't need to hose the leg...just wash/wipe it down with a
cloth and apply ointment/meds as desired and leave it alone.