RE: [RC] rude riders revisited - Kristen A Fisher

When I was arrival timer at the Region 9 ride, I had a 50 miler worried about the arrival time I wrote on her card because there was a line, and by the time her time was written it was 1 minute after she called her name [call your name all you want, I ain't writing your time down until I have your vet card!]. I reminded her that arrival time has no impact on out time or ride time, so it doesn't matter as long as her horse pulses in within 30 minutes of that time. She seemed like that was news to her. Hmm.
Kristen

From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of SandyDSA@xxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, November 03, 2005 1:21 PM
To: jonnij@xxxxxxxx; ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC] rude riders revisited

In a message dated 11/3/2005 10:14:44 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, jonnij@xxxxxxxx writes:
It is sad that ones first time coming out to volunteer at a ride will turn them off to the sport. He even mentioned he avoids riding on the day of the ride on those trails, as he just does not want to deal with "endurance riders"......

then perhaps they wouldn't be SO twisted in the britches when something like an inexperienced in timer slows them down by half a second. Frankly, the only real issues that need biting on most of the time are - enough WATER for the horses, and enough COMPETENT vets. (Not to include cousin Jimmy who is brand new to the field). It just isn't life, peeps.