From: SandyDSA@xxxxxxx
To: jonnij@xxxxxxxx, ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC]   rude riders revisited
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 14:21:26 EST

In a message dated 11/3/2005 10:14:44 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, jonnij@xxxxxxxx writes:

It is sad that ones first time coming out to volunteer at a ride will turn
them off to the sport. He even mentioned he avoids riding on the day of the
ride on those trails, as he just does not want to deal with "endurance
riders"......

It is even MORE sad that the smart mouths who generally DO this are people
who seriously need a life. Endurance racing/riding is not LIFE! It is a sport,
a hobby, a pastime, not LIFE. If people would HAVE something that they
consider more important than this sport (not that we all don't just LOVE it) - such
as a good job, friends, a precious family, faith - then perhaps they
wouldn't be SO twisted in the britches when something like an inexperienced in timer
slows them down by half a second. Frankly, the only real issues that need
biting on most of the time are - enough WATER for the horses, and enough
COMPETENT vets. (Not to include cousin Jimmy who is brand new to the field). It
just isn't life, peeps.