Re: [RC] BCAa - Tivers

In a message dated 11/1/2005 4:48:57 PM Pacific Standard Time, skyranch@xxxxxxxx writes:

I definitely have seen this response when feeding grain - even pelleted senior feed.  I don't feed more than 5 lbs at a time, though.  So it could be because of the hay, which is always in front of my horse when back in camp at a ride (?)  BTW, I'm not talking about major diarrhea, but definitely more motility, moisture and volume.

Carla

Well, another thing to remember is that it takes about 21 days for the gut bugs to get used to a serious change in dietary regime, so if your grain feeding came on suddenly, or just too fast for this individual horse, without a gradual introduction, that could be a cause. Doubt it was the hay, unless he ate a lot of hay then gobbled the grain on top of that, or vice versa.

ti