RE: [RC] Tom Ivers - Chris Paus

No. It doesn't have to be that way.Equifriends horse forum has become very popular because the moderator and board owner have set a tone of civility and expect others to follow. It does not mean the board is "plain vanilla." Indeed not. There are some spirited discussions about horse and non horse related topics. however, that board has proved that it is indeed possible to disagree without being disagreeable!

it CAN be done. Posters follow whatever tone is set on the board or listserve.

We teach people how to treat us in real life and in our "net" life.

chris
"Lauren E. Reitz" <lereitz@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You will find these characters on all mailing lists and forums. The beauty
of internet correspondence is that you can highlight the email title and
press the delete key without offending anyone. Over moderation leads to a
whole other sort of problem. For an example check out the HorseCity.com
forum and note how quickly any intellectual post about horse slaughter,
training gurus, etc. gets locked as soon as anyone expresses an opinion
contrary to one held by a moderator. Be careful what you wish for. I for one
am happy with less restrictions and allowing any and all free speech.

Lauren Reitz

"Slowee, slowee catchee monkey," Rudyard Kipling, from The Jungle Book

Chris Paus
Lake Region SWA  http://lakeregionswa.fws1.com