[RC] visor - gary affleck

The underside of the visors are black so they don't throw light/glare into the eyes as black absorbs and doesn't reflect.  Same principle as why football player were eye black under their eyes.  To stop light from hitting the surface of their cheeks and bouncing up into their eyes causing glare and impairing vision.  The underside of the visor is not in direct sunlight so it doesn't absorb heat.  Another thing we photographers that know what they're doing is called subtracted lighting.  Position a large black reflector to block out the overhead light coming from the Sun that causes raccoon eyes, forcing light around our subjects and thus having a very sweet proper light.   M