RE: [RC] polo ponies - Libby & Quentin Llop DVM

Polo ponies take a lot more training and by that I mean schooling/ education rather than conditioning / riding, than endurance horses. In addition it is a sport where a rider truly needs multiple horses, hence the higher prices.
 I am fitting up a horse for a 9 goal tournament next month who has completed the OD 100 and a one star three day event. My son is planning to play the mare who was top junior horse in the NE in 2003. Not  Arabs.    Libby
-----Original Message-----
From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of firedancefarms
Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2005 8:16 PM
To: ridecamp
Subject: [RC] polo ponies

Ha!  Well now that my daughter is on the OSU Polo team...
Yep, it is put as many as you can stuff into a stock trailer!  But they all go to the motel rooms and out to eat!  What a shock they had when Amber came along...told them no way was she affording that, she would bring her food and stay in the horse trailer if she had to!
Their horses are professional teams' has beens...none are off the track and they all know how to play the game.  Most of them are QH.  I don't think an Arab would do well in polo, as part of the game the horse bumps the other horse...don't think Arabs would be into that!
Bless her heart, she was so frustrated that she had to choose polo over an endurance ride next weekend!  Tough choice!

Louise
BTW, intercolligate polo is played in an arena..much slower than field polo.
Louise
Louise Burton
Firedance Farms Endurance Arabians