[RC] Buying and Selling Horses/Prices - Antonio_Corbelletta

I will jump in here with what I have seen and experienced in our area with
horse prices.  If you look at "endurance" horses for sale even at top
breeder/sellers they are a bargain compared with the event horses in this
area.  A bottom of the line event/dressage horse will cost you $10K and
they go up from there.  I know a friend of mine who is into 3 day eventing
at the local club level and the horses cost a fortune.  She said that I
could get a bundle for my horse (an Arab) who likes to go over jumps after
a year on the event circuit.  I could never say that about endurance.  She
was looking at horses in the $20K to $25K range.  I went with her a barn
and actually saw and got to pet a $75K mare, she was nice!
Endurance folks do not spend much $ on the horse.  I have another friend
who has a $100K truck/trailer but who will is always looking for a bargain
low priced horse.  She has a bunch of them, all bought dirt cheap, but all
with various issues that make it doubtful that they can do endurance.
So there are different worlds out there when it comes to horse prices.
Tony

IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR RECIPIENTS IN THE U.S.A.:  This message may
constitute an advertisement of a BD group's products or services  or a
solicitation of interest in them. If this is such a message and you would
like to opt out of receiving future advertisements or solicitations from
this BD group, please forward this e-mail to optoutbygroup@xxxxxxx
message (which includes any attachments) is intended only for the
designated recipient(s).  It may contain confidential or proprietary
information and may be subject to the attorney-client  privilege or other
confidentiality protections.  If you are not a designated recipient, you
may not review, use, copy or distribute this message. If you receive this
in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete this message.
Thank you.
Corporate Headquarters Mailing Address: BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company)
1 Becton Drive Franklin Lakes, NJ 07417 U.S.A.