Re: [RC] Another lost shoe--AARGH--advice needed - Ag47xAu49

In a message dated 10/26/2005 1:24:23 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time, WRSINOSKY@xxxxxxx writes:
Since I don't wear shoes on any of my horses, (NO! This is not a plug for barefoot, I'm merely stating a fact) I don't have this problem...obviously.
It is interesting that my farrier wants me to leave my boy's barefoot starting about Nov. They are all due in about a week. These are boys that are done every 5-7 weeks, depending on the horse. My daughters 4-H pony is done every 5 weeks. He was given a shot of HA (not Legend but an off brand)  intravenously 5 weeks ago (because of arthritis) and has not taken a lame step since. He has been on oral HA for 2 years, since his Shock Wave Therapy. We will try him barefoot for the winter with HA injections when needed. YEH!!!! Beccy in Ut.