[RC] Los Caballos meeting - Nancy

If you are unable to attend the November 9th meeting in San Diego to re-open
Los Caballos camp, email me a letter and I will hand deliver it.  I have
received several letters and would love to take more.
When I was at Cuyamaca this summer the ranger stated that the petitions made
it to Gov Arnold's desk.  The govanator gave the park 2 weeks to reopen the
camp based on the thousands of signatures on the petitions.  So please send
me an email and I'll get them to the meeting and have them entered into the
record.  See the update below for details.
Nancy Reed
Lazy J Ranch
Elfin Forest, CA

Update from Peggy:
October 19 we attended a meeting of stakeholders who had attended the focus
groups on Los Caballos.  Representatives from equestrian, Native American,
cultural, archeological and environmental groups were invited for an
opportunity to work together face to face on ideas for Los Caballos.  The
meeting was attended by 6 equestrians, 2 environmentalists, and 1 business
person.  No other groups sent invited representatives.

We presented a compromise plan encouraged by our legislative representatives
and agreed to by the equestrians.  We would agree to move Los Caballos to a
comparable site (facilities, trail access, etc) if we could start camping in
1/2 of the existing camp starting May 1, 2006.  In addition we want 3
equestrians to consult and advise on the design and location of a new
campground.  We also want a good staging area in the north end of the Park.

Please come to the public meeting on November 9 (see attached details)..
Bring with you a written statement; if you aren't able to present your
statement verbally, it will be entered into the record.  If you aren't able
to attend, please email me your statement with your name and contact
information and we will enter your statement in the record for you. Let
friends know so that our voices will be heard.
Thanks,
Peggy Martin
email: peggy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx