[RC] Horsetrading - WRSINOSKY

Bruce Weary wrote, "turn all of your focus onto that new horse of yours who needs
your help, and might not have gotten it otherwise."

Ah!  Truer words have never been spoken.  That was beautiful, Bruce, and I agree wholeheartedly with your post.

I am not a breeder or seller of horses by any means, but there is that occassion when I do need to sell one in order to buy another, which I doing at the present time.  I have a beautiful 3 y/o perlino QH stallion that is just sitting here.  Poor little guy.  Between my "part-time" job (ha! we all know how that goes!) and keeping Doimas and Sebastian in shape, I really haven't given this guy any time at all.  So, I decided he needed to go to a home where he would be appreciated.  And, believe me, those are key words with me.

I will not sell to just anyone, irregardless if they have the money or not.  I love this little guy and will not part with him just for $$$.  He is sweet, gentle and kind and deserves to be treated the same way. Years ago a friend sold a mare to a woman who claimed to have a wonderful facility. Not until a few weeks after the mare was sold and gone did this friend go to look at the facility. She was horrified by the conditions and came crying to me about it. It was a lesson well learned for me at no cost.

This stallion deserves the best and I'm going to try my darnedest to get him that.  If I can't, he'll stay here until someone comes along who actually has what he needs.

Horsetrading can be very tricky.  I think alot of us have been burnt at one time or another.  I know I was in the past.  We learn from our mistakes.  But as Bruce so eloquently put it, this horse now has a wonderful home with a caring owner.  He will appreciate you for all the expense and hardwork you put into him.

Cindy Edwards
M33041
Buckeye, AZ