RE: [RC] re:too bad - Chastain, Shannon L.

I really agree with this last February I went to York, Nebraska to look at an older mare as a horse for my grandkids. She looked terrible her soles had dropped and her feet were so deformed she was very thin and standing in knee deep mud. She had this help me look in her eye so I did. She is the greatest horse for my grandkids she takes great care of them, she is still a little thin but her feet are almost normal she just loves to trot down the trail with her bares on.

Shannon

From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of oddfarm
Sent: Saturday, October 22, 2005 11:08 AM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] re:too bad

Cherie, I agree with Bruce. You need to let this go.

Over the years of working with the SPCA, owning a boarding barn, (what the hell WAS I thinking?) and just past experiences dealing with horse people, I have learned.....well, you get the drift.

Some people think they are sitting on a gold mine because they have a few horses when the fact is they are just digging deeper into an empty well. So they try to make up for that by taking advantage of others, at the expense of the horse.

If the horse came to you in such bad condition, why would you want to send him back to that? Take care of him and good things will come back to you, I promise.

If we didn't make mistakes, we wouldn't learn a thing. Consider yourself edjeecated. ;)

Lisa Salas, The Odd Farm