[RC] - Kathie Ford

Hi all, I know there were many discussions about easy boot epics, but when the thread came out I wasn't really reading many posts at the time.

However, I have tried them on one of my mares and just loved them!  I did this yesterday.  My mare didn't mind them at all and the were easy to put on and take off.  I had borrowed them from a neighbor of mine.

I have a questions though, I only used them on her fronts.  Since she has nice round feet they fit her perfect.

Now, I'm wondering, do many of you used front and backs?  Or just the fronts?

Especially for a ride.  Fronts only?  or both?  How do ride managers view this?  Are fronts only not allowed?
Allowed?

My mare had been barefoot most of her life until last year.  I put shoes on her from Mid april thru September for rides, and for Tevis and the pre-conditioning for it.

I pulled her shoes recently and and she'll be barefoot again for quite a while.  She needs her heels to spread again.  I really noticed a difference this time with her heels, having shoes on for 6 months or so.  With her, I much prefer barefoot and am leaning towards that and boots as needed.

I'd still like to ride her, and figured for rocky terrain the boots might be good.

Any personaly thoughts and experiences to share would be nice!

Feel free to email privately so not to clog RC.

Thanks in advance, and happy trails to all!

cheers,

kathie