[RC] plans for first 100 going awry - Marlene Moss

Our trip is still on, but things are NOT going according to plan (not that I ever expect that!)

It now looks like only one of us will be trying a first 100 mile ride.  My husband’s horse needs a little more recovery time after our Grand Canyon ride before doing something like this.  So unless someone needs a conservative, but competent rider for a 7-8 mph horse at Paso del Norte, my husband will be crewing for me.

Not a bad plan either, but we were really looking forward to doing this together.

Then, yesterday, our truck fell apart!  We had recently replaced the clutch and apparently did not sufficiently tighten the bolts for the front drive shaft and broke the housing on the 4WD and sheared off a couple bolts and lost the other two.  Luckily I had just turned into our driveway (which requires 4WD to get up the hill) so wasn’t going fast nor in the way of any traffic.

I had really thought about just scrapping our plans altogether, but I have a saddle fitting scheduled at the ride, plus I may be getting back into the corporate world for a while and so who knows when I’ll have my horse ready for a 100 again.  So we will persevere!

Marlene

Marlene Moss

www.KineticEquineAnalysis.com (saddle fit for the horse in motion)

www.mossrockranch.com (sale horses and more)