Re: [RC] [RC-Digest] Vol: 03.3104 cribbers - Chipnml

I have owned a cribber for 24 years. He was born at a big Arabian show barn and probably kept stalled as a youngster, sold as a 2-year-old, then I bought him when he was 4.  He's the best horse I've ever had.  As long as I keep a crib strap on him it's not a problem.  We competed in CTR for many years and rarely placed below 3rd.  When we finally switched to endurance, I regretted I hadn't done it sooner.  If I had turned him down solely on the basis of his cribbing, I would have missed one of the most enduring and rewarding friendships of my life.  By the way, he's grey.

Chip (and Earen who feels he's in good company, since John Henry was a cribber, too!)