Re: [RC] Horse living up to its name - Lani M Olson

For a horse like this, I don't think the name matters. Raised half a dozen babies here with barbed wire and only one got into it, but he did several times and is the only one I ever had to stitch up because of going through the fence. The old ranchers told me "some horses are just born to be in the wire". I sold him to a home in Washington where he has NO barbed wire.

    Marlene Moss wrote--

      Now, can anyone tell me how the name Sudan dooms a horse to stupid =
accidents?  This is a horse I had when he was young and now I have him =
back again.  After I bought him, but before I brought him home he was =
scared by a llama and crashed through several fences and still has scars =
from that.  After I brought him home I neglected to bring him in before =
dark once and he rolled in a fence - still has that scar too.  He gained =
a few dings the last few years while he was away and now, 5 days after =
getting him home again he managed to crash through a barb wire fence, =
breaking 3 strands, then finding a whole new place to try to jump back =
in when the herd neglected to follow him.

  He has new wounds from his eyelids to his feet, all four legs, and =
chest.  Amazingly all superficial.  I've never had another horse touch =
the barb wire (we didn't put it up, its perimeter fencing for the =
national park that we are next to).  Well, I hope he learned his lesson =
- if so, I can live with the multitude of superficial wounds.  But I =
think I'll keep him in at night for a while!