RE: [RC] Hard Lesson to learn - Chris Paus

exactly! A dear friend of mine bought a cute little QH mare. The seller disclosed that the mare was a little "off" becuase she'd been kicked recently by another horse. Well, when my friend rode her mare over to my house, I saw the most pained, pinched looking _expression_ I'd ever seen on a horse's face. I told her that I thought the horse was in dire pain somewhere and she should get her to a vet.

She finally did take the mare to the vet who x-rayed the area of the kick and found a fracture! My friend was very very lucky that the seller took the horse back because there was no agreement to do so.

chris

Carolyn Burgess <carolyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Angie:

A vet check is especially important when you are on a budget.  Wait until you find out how much one month of Gastroguard is (ulcer medication).  It is the only medication that works to cure an ulcer and generics don't work as well.  Last I knew it was about $800 for a one month dose.  You could have had this horse scoped for less than that.

"Slowee, slowee catchee monkey," Rudyard Kipling, from The Jungle Book

Chris Paus
Lake Region SWA  http://lakeregionswa.fws1.com