From: Carolyn Burgess [mailto:carolyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2005 1:35 PM
To: Angie and David
Subject: Hard Lesson to learn

I've bought two endurance horses, both off the harness track.  One I paid $1,200 for and the vet check was $714.  The second horse I paid $1,400 for, the vet check was $570.  Both included xrays.  Before starting an endurance career, I needed to know that both of these horses were up to the job.  One had a fleeting career on the track, the other one raced for 9 years.  The horse that raced for 9 years had a clean set of xrays and he is a pretty good, if not slower, 50 mile horse.

Carolyn Burgess

Angie and David <angie24@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 ---  However, I still should have had her vet. check him over

You need to get YOUR own vet do this.  You need an objective, independent third-party to give you an assessment.   If not you?re not local to the horse, you can find candidates by using the Yellow Pages, Ridecamp etc.

Angie F