[RC] Doing first 100 - sandy . l . holder

Ok Marlene - since you asked. . .

I'll start by saying I'm sure by now you've already gotten a lot of other input but in any case I thought I'd put my 2 cents in since I actually did do my first 100 this year.

My horse Tally was more fit last year than I thought he was and could have completed Tevis.  Unfortunately I was 'mental' and didn't think it possible.  My riding buddy (69 years old and did his first 100 with Julie Suhr way back when) told me my horse was MORE than ready last year but, again, "I'm a conservative".  Well, given that we did less training this year and that my horse did fabulous, far better than I could have imagined, I guess I should have listened.  If nothing else, doing 3 of 5 days where you did it, I'd say you're pretty far along the path.  You might want to give him 3 weeks between what you did and doing your first 100 miler but other than that, your horse is definitely ready.  YOU on the other hand. . . I can only say from experience that I believe now, knowing what I know in hindsight, I definitely could have done a 100 miler last year but . . . well, just didn't have the confidence.  GO FOR IT GIRL!!!!

You'll be so darn proud of both your horse and yourself.  AND KEEP ME POSTED!!!!  I'll give you tons of encouragement if that's what you need.

All the best,
Sandy
The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP is a Delaware limited liability partnership.