RE: [RC] [RC] horse living up to names - Amber B Fort

When my hubby bought his first horse, a bulldog built APHA mare, we registered her as Aristcrats Dixie Chik and call her Dixie.  HOWEVER, this is not her REAL name, which she came with, Piglett!!  She truly is, she should have a corkscrew tail instead of hair.  This mare will eat till she bursts and then some.  You really have to stay ontop of her as she will consume everything that isn't nailed down and will take a bite of it to see if it is edible.  She is also worth her weight in gold as you can put anyone and I mean anyone on her and she will take care of them.

My Arab stallion that I ride, I call JerryO,(Kaysa Jerry), however when he was sent to a cowboy friend that I trust to ride on cows, he was nicknamed Tyrone (as in the boxer).  I got a phone call about 2 weeks after I sent him there as a 3 year old to be rode in the woods and on cows.  His rider was about 130s soaking wet and doesn't get after them unless they need it.

The phone call was to inform me that 'tyrone' had skint his head all up as the first few times when he was asked to lope, he was so distracted by the other stuff going on, he fell down.  I said no problem and thankfully he got a little more coordinated;).

I continue to call him JerryO, as he does have a Dennis the Menace personality, however, am rethinking the 'Tyrone' name. The reason is while I was pregnant, this horse somehow managed to break a front tooth off and is now sporting the 'boxer' look!  Keep in mind he has had NO access to any other horses in order for them to pop him in the face. I have no idea how he managed this one.

Amber Fort
Knight Hawk Ranch
Kaysa Jerry (72% CMK) "AKA.... TYRONE"
and Dixie (aka, can I have that to eat??)
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Ridecamp is a service of Endurance Net, http://www.endurance.net. Information, Policy, Disclaimer: http://www.endurance.net/Ridecamp Subscribe/Unsubscribe http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/logon.asp Ride Long and Ride Safe!! =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=