[RC] pellets and such - Kathie Ford

Hi all, interesting thread regarding pellets and stuff.  My neighbors barn that she trains at in Lincoln had an incident a few years ago. They had 12 horses in surgery for colic due to "sand" being processed into their feed.  Was very serious. She told me the name of the brand they used, but can't remember since she told me this quite a while ago.

I think all horses survived but one.  Not sure.

Think it is a good idea in general to always check the labels and inspect the bags once opened.

Oh, the "sand" in the pellets was done by a disgruntled employee.  X employee I might add.

kathie