[RC] Pellets and Purina - Carol Suggs

I can't speak for any of the other national type horse feed chains...but Purina Horse feed plants ONLY produce horse feed that way there is no possiblity of cross contaimination from other types of animal feed.  They have a very strict process from when the initial product comes into the plant and until the finished product leaves the plant.  Samples of the raw product are taken from the trucks as they come into the plant and tested.  If those initial samples do not meet their requirements then they are rejected and not sent in for processing.

Each bag of feed goes thru an xray type machine which checks for metals that could be in the bag or foriegn matter that shouldn't be in the bag.  If any of you have a chance to tour any of their facilities I highly recommend it, or go to a Purina Horseowners work shop and you can learn all about their processing.  Information can be obtained off their web site.

Please note that I am not a representative for Purina.

Carol-Mariposa, CA