[RC] [RC] Best horse boots for trail riding? - Dream Weaver

Epics have been working well for us this year. I've been testing new gaiters that are softer and have a rolled edge. They are great and will be available soon. I've always used easyboots on my shod horses for concussion reduction and protection. Now I'm using the Epics on over barefeet and really like how it's working out so far. Here are some new photos, mostly to show how Chief's pasterns/ankles/feet look after doing 5 days at Grand Canyon http://sunriseranchrides.com/epics/chief05/chiefoctober2005.html

I've also got more photos and instructions on using the Epics if anybody else is interested. They are all linked at the top of my website here: http://members.tripod.com/ridephotos/

The only things I have to add that will make using the boots easier to put on is that I have found it to be extremely helpful to wet the gaiters down the night before, fold them back as far as you can get them and let them dry in that position. It also helps to use the boots a time or two before using them on an endurance ride, they get easier to put on after they are used.

If using the bares, use them as they come once or twice and then tighten them one hole at a time on each side. The bungee stretches more after it's been used, making it easier to get on. I love these boots for the hind feet especially.

I've been using the new gaiters on training rides on my other horses without vetwrap, and they have had no rubbing at all. It is easy to put four boots on a horse that are broken in within 5 minutes or less. I timed a friend who did it this weekend :).

Karen