[RC] Oro Day Eight ! - Cat ^. .^ ~

Title: Oro Day Eight !
After Oro's new barefoot trim, he seems to be walking better, but still stumbles once in a while in the front.

He is now, as of 10 a.m. today, at his new home in Doney Park north of Flagstaff.   I rode him all over the property to check out the new sites and stuff.   He spooked a few times, but it was suppressed spoke and he did really well.   Lots of changes for him.   The staff there absolutely adores horses and are all really great women!   He was wormed again (5 weeks after last worming) with a different wormer!   And he had his own really large paddock to get used to the other horses.   There is a HUGE turnout area for him to play with the other gentle horses.   They have them divided up into various groups.     The roughneck big boys, and the more gentle little guys, and there is a group of gentle mares as well.     He was making friend across the fence from the first few minutes.

I have Oro's pre-purchase exam scheduled with the best vet I could find in Phoenix on Monday at 1:00 p.m.  Dr. Rich said that he might have what is called a foot fracture that can be remedied by wearing shoes (which act like a brace) and then take them off after the foot has healed.  I will probably have to get two X-RAYS of the front feet to determine why he stumbles . . . .  we'll see.

I hope with exercise and lots of the right food he will be better.  My new barn manager does not believe in sweet feed at all so I am hopeful he will be healthier in a few months.  She said the best thing I can do for him is to exercise him as much as I can. . . . .

To my horse pals:  Any suggestions as to how many minutes of trotting every other day would be appreciated.

--
Cheers,  Fay
? * http://www.mangosteen-juice.biz/fayskelley * ?