[RC] Ada Carr 1934-2005 - TypeF \(Jackie Floyd\)

Ada Carr, wife of Les Carr, passed away this afternoon at 4:30 p.m. PST after a very short bout with cancer. Les talked constantly about his wife and family while we rode together and it was clear that Ada meant the world to him.

Les and I had talked many times about Jim and I traveling the short distance to Somerset to meet Ada who was a professional gourmet chef and a respected artist. But we never could seem to find the time to arrange it. She and her daughter had been commissioned to have a mother-daughter art showing in New York in September before the onslaught of Ada's cancer. Besides Tulip, Les and Ada also had a pair of Icelandics and loved to pleasure ride together.

Cards of sympathy may be sent to:

Mr. Les Carr
7900 Shenandoah Lane
Somerset, CA 95684

I am hoping that we will see Les on the trail soon, where he may find solice in the trails he loves and in the friendship of his endurance family.

Jackie Floyd
AERC #31375