[RC] mare dilemma, update - Chris Paus

Thanks everyone for your great suggestions on my mare and dental work and a ride.

I've decided to go ahead and get her teeth taken care of on Tuesday and ride my gelding, Star, instead. he needs the work! I'm sure the ride vet will scold me about how fat Star is, LOL. He's been pretty much a pasture puff this summer while I've ridden Ali. But, hes' been on a few 10 mile rides lately and his HR is great, and he barely breaks a sweat at 5mp, so I'm sure we can do a slow 25 just fine.

I figured either way, whether I do or don't get Ali's teeth done, she'd be uncomfortable on the ride.. either fussing with the bit, or not quite up to par from the dental work. So she can stay home. there's a possibility of two more rides for us this year. I may just take Star and let Ali get ready for 2006.

She's only 5 and we have a lot of years ahead of us to earn miles! She's my best horse buddy and I want to take good care of her. I expect her to take care of me when I'm old(er) and creaky(ier).

chris

"Slowee, slowee catchee monkey," Rudyard Kipling, from The Jungle Book

Chris Paus
Lake Region SWA  http://lakeregionswa.fws1.com