Re: [RC] knuckling over--another plea for advice - Linda Nichols

Title: Re: [RC]   knuckling over--another plea for advice
That’s what I thought it was. My horse does this all the time. He’s gaited too. What I heard is that the patella locks up, something about the ligament that is supposed to lock the hock when they sleep standing up gets stuck. My horse feels like he is stepping in a hole in the rear, something like his leg locks up and he kind of drags it  for that step. I think is head comes up too as he kind of doesn’t have a leg to stand on for a second. But it never causes him to lose his balance really and we just continue on. I don’t think I’ve ever felt it at the trot or the canter, or even when he’s gaiting. Most likely at the walk when he’s not really working that hard.

Linda