[RC] "Knuckling Over" + Lameness - Val Nicoson

Sorry folks...but just gotta join this discussion
after what Dawn Simas had to say.  I'm still at a loss
regarding my mare's current lameness issues.
She had been doing very good on a conditioning ride in
early August...doing a beautiful flying
trot...although she was quite competitive that day.
While on a 2-track dirt-turning sand-road coming back
toward camp...it felt like she had taken a step into a
deep hole with her right rear.  Although
no lameness was detected by me under saddle...could
just be me not feeling it either.  We did a wee bit
more trotting to see if she was OK under
saddle and it felt like she was but mostly walked.
She's been lame on that leg ever since...

She was stiff but is now bending that hock forward
Everything about her stride seems fine now...*except*
at point of breakover...there is a definite delay
right at the breakover point
Initially the delay was up to 3 seconds...then as of
Monday it was done to 1/4 of a second if that--she may
have been completely sound
Well, after a vigorous romping about in her electric
pen while I was at work yesterday she is back to a 2-3
second delay again :-(
She's been separated from the herd and hilly pastures
per vet directions...35x50 pen on flat ground
She is normally OK by herself but once in a while
(perhaps daily??) she gets a hair up her tail
Today she's on total stall rest after yesterday's
antics!

I'm not sure how long her rear toes were at the time
of her step-in-the-hole thing...but have shortened up
her toes which seems to have helped.

Our chiro/vet thought it was biceps/quadriceps area
When I took her to be ultrasounded that vet wouldn't
ultrasound those areas and insisted on xrays...so
The vet x-rayed and ultrasounded her hock and stifle
regions and saw absolutely nothing
Put her on weekly Adequan shots (each shot has
improved her lameness) and Bute (which she is now off
of)

Anyone have any idea what is going on here??
Perhaps I just need more patience...or she needs to
stay stalled up for a month (vet said pen OK after 1
week in stall)
I was hoping something on ultrasound would show up so
I could feel better about what exactly is going on
Thanks,
Val + Sania