Re: [RC] "knuckling over"? - rdcarrie

A couple of possible ideas - could your saddle be bridging and digging into his loins, and he's "giving" in back due to pain?  Or, could his rear toes be long and catching on the ground as he brings his foot forward?  Just some thoughts...

Dawn in East Texas

-----Original Message-----
From: Dawn Simas <dawnsimas67@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: ridecamp <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 06:07:22 -0700
Subject: [RC] "knuckling over"?

Okay, what do you guys mean by this?  I have had a recent thing start happening in my boy and wonder if this is what you're refering to.  Mostly when going downhill, but sometimes on level, he drags a rear foot and it catches and he actually "steps" down on his fetlock joint.  Big OUCH, like a sprained ankle and from my perspective in the saddle, his hindquarters drop like he stepped in a hole, his head flies up to catch himself.  I didn't know what he was doing until someone told me that I was riding with.  Has to hurt!  Never lame though.

Dawn