Re: [RC] Hilason treeless saddle - Karla Watson

Actually, many treeless saddles end up for sale, barely used cause people just can't get used to riding in them. They buy a treeless after sometimes going thru many saddles that have not fit their hard-to-fit horses. I have lent my treeless to many people. About 60% just love them right away and go and buy one the next day! Some have to get used to them, many just cannot stand them right off. Its best to borrow someones' treeless to see how you like it. Its very different. Many people can't get used to the wider twist and/or they feel very unstable without a tree for security. For many people it hurts their hips or knees. I found it took away all my soreness and the only saddle I could ride 50 miles in. Most find that if you love riding bareback or rode for years in a close contact saddle, you'll like the treeless and never go back. That is my theory for why there are so many treeless out there for sale. I don't think it has anything to do with quality of the saddle. The people who ride in them just LOVE them. For others, its just not for them. I know that the Barefoot is a very nice saddle. Saw one at the PNER convention last year and it was very well made at a very good price.
-------------Karla Watson/Portland, Oregon
----- Original Message -----
From: Jonni
Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2005 11:52 AM
Subject: [RC] Hilason treeless saddle

>>>Have you looked at the Barefoot treeless? They are more reasonably priced
and we are now seeing some that are for sale used.<<<

I am always cautious when a particular saddle hits the market, then some
start showing up "used". What is it that the folks did not like about them?
Some saddles you find a lot of them used, while other brands are hard to
find used. If it is hard to find, I'd consider 2 things. Either folks love
them, and don't get rid of them, or not many buy them in the first place....

Jonni
www.pbase.com/photobyjonni