[RC] Tying to trailer...knives ect - Carol Suggs

Sometimes the horses will lip the lead rope and end up setting themselves free with a quick release knot.  If your horse does this you can tuck the tail end of the rope back thru the last loop of the knot to kinda "lock it" in place which makes it near to impossible for the horse to untie themselves unless they eat thru the rope...

Also wanted to comment on horse people carrying knives.  I FEEL THIS IS A MUST.  I have seen horses pull back so hard that they compromise the quick release knot and there is no way you can get them undone expect to cut them off the line.  We now only use rope halters and have found that this is a deterant for some horses that pull back. With a flat web halter they can get a lot of leverage and it doesn't really hurt them, but with a rope halter they can't seem to get the same leverage and it pinches them at the poll and nose.

Carol-Mariposa