Re: [RC] tying to trailer with a safety knot - Ag47xAu49

In a message dated 10/10/2005 6:37:21 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time, whytrotfarms@xxxxxxxxx writes:
i had to rescue a horse who had stepped over his lead rope while tied to a picket line.  he was tied with a safety knot, but it pulled so tight there was no getting it loose, so i whipped out my trusty knife and cut the rope.    it is best to carry a pocketknife at all times, just in case.    cowboy ed
My daughter and I had the opportunity to help by rescuing a sweet and thankfully quiet, level headed 4 year old who had gotten his leg over his lead. He had not gotten the knot tight enough that it had to be cut. This was a Pony Club show so had the owners done as Pony Club expects people to do (Tie the rope to a piece of breakable twine), the gelding would have been able to break the twine before he broke his leg, I would think. We are talking horses here though.  Beccy