RE: [RC] New experience for me - Betty Edgar

Barbara,
What a great story.  I've followed all your RC stories of you and Banner working through various rough spots, and unknown to you those stories have encouraged and inspired me to keep on keeping on with the various horses I've had during the past few years.  . .  long quest to find another good endurance horse.  I've had some criticism at times for continuing to work with a horse that others believe should be passed on to another home.  But as you know and are proving, it takes some time to gain the trust of some horses, those who have been frightened or hurt by others take longer.

I have such a horse who is very sensitive and has past experiences with insensitive people and in about 10 months with me she has gained greatly in her trust of me and her surroundings.  We have a way to go but we're making good progress.  She has also had bitting troubles.  Because of her past in the show world I would imagine that she was ridden only in snaffles but until a couple of days ago I hadn't found a snaffle or any bit that she was happy with.  It appears now that the Myler big D ring snaffle is a good one for her.  At least she no longer resists my hand and will drop her nose when asked to halt, but like Banner she doesn't have a smooth trot under saddle.  At liberty she moves beautifully, very light, and looks smooth.  After hearing about your success with a side pull I'm wanting to try that on her.  Will have to scare up one from somewhere since I've never used nor owned one.

Keep the Banner stories coming.
Betty