Re: [RC] Dressage horses - Sky Ranch

That's the idea of dressage, isn't it, that it should look effortless, that you cannot even see the signals, or aids, of the rider to the horse?  I have never tried dressage, but I do know it would make me a better rider.  If I had the funds to take lessons, that would be where I'd start, I believe.

I grew up in rural Texas where I started riding at about age 2, just being put in a saddle and off we went.  I rode bareback in the pasture for years, so at least I learned a natural seat - ha!  I never had lessons until I was in my mid-20s, I sure wish I could have had lessons as a youngster, it would have made a world of difference.  However, in my mid-50's now, I'm still riding...!  Never have outgrown my love of horses, and I know I never will.

I am with you, Lucinda, it's just plain wrong to criticize any group of riders or any discipline -- as horsemen and women we need to appreciate each other and we can all learn from each other.

Carla Richardson
Cortez, Colorado