[RC] points - Jannelle Wilde & Adam Falk

I was looking at the online record and I thought that I understood how points were calculated, but now I am not sure.  What is the difference between division points and overall points awarded per ride?  Are division points awarded at 3 pts per mile if I was the first person in my weight division to finish, even though I was the 3rd person to finish over all?