[RC] speaking of saddle fitting . . . - Marlene Moss

Title: Message
A couple weeks ago people were discussing ways to turn their passion into a job and stay out of the corporate job world.  Well, my solution is to take my experience with custom fitting adjustable saddles and apply it to helping people determine if their saddle (of any brand) is working for their horse.  As Marv mentioned it is not always cut and dry to just monitor a sweat pattern or watch for white hairs.

I have recently done a number of saddle fitting sessions (some for new riders, others for very experience endurance riders) and been surprised at what we found.  So I want to let people know that I will be at the Grand Canyon ride and am offering an opportunity to discuss saddle fit and check out your saddles and horses for virtually free.  I will also have an Impression Pad with me for situations where fit when the horse is moving is not clear or for just that final bit of validation.  I will charge $25 for that since the Impression Pad is a usable commodity that will need to be replaced after a number of uses, but otherwise, I will spend as much time as I have available talking about fit, checking saddles or whatever you might want.

I will be arriving either late Thursday or early Friday and riding every other day, so I should have plenty of time available.  The reason I am offering to do this cheaply (I normally charge $50-75 for a personal saddle fitting) is because I would like to get a better sense for how the typical horse and saddle are interacting, not just when someone is desperate enough to call for help.  I am also trying to determine if there is some kind of scientific study I can design or at least come up with better questions to ask when I hear of people with better ability to really put together something like that.  So I'd like to talk to as many people and see as many horses and saddles as I can.

I also like to have many saddles as I can recommend to future clients for specific conformation situations.  So even if you just want to show me your horse and saddle and how well it's working, I'd love to talk to you.  I guess this won't be a good example of someone paying for their endurance addiction with their job, but I'll still have fun!
Thanks!
Marlene

Marlene Moss
www.KineticEquineAnalysis.com (saddle fit for the horse in motion)
Saddle fitting info and special fees at the Kenlyn Clinic and Endurance Ride in CO!
www.mossrockranch.com (sale horses and more)
719-351-5037 (cell)
719-748-9073 (home)