[RC] FreeForm endurance saddles - sandy . l . holder

Hi,

Thought I'd respond to your inquiry as I've now had my FreeForm since April and covered a 'few miles', including my first 100 miler.  I must confess though that I was 'on a saddle finding mission' when, much to my chagrin, my custom made saddle ONCE AGAIN failed me.  Having spent over $10,000 in the past 3 years on saddles (all but the custom made one resaleable), I was at my proverbial wits end (pissed is the local translation).

I'll try to keep this short but you can e-mail me privately if you'd like more info.  Having traveled to Ridgecrest (Twenty Mule Team) with my riding buddy (6.5 hours without counting the stops), having ridden briefly to see the trail, only to discover in the vet line that my custom made saddle had given my boy a slightly sore back, I decided not to ride him and crewed (I'm terrible at it but that's another story).  Anyway, I bought the FreeForm after asking Michele Rouch about it, took it with me (and another horse) to 3 days at Cuyama and the first time I rode in it was 50 miles on a horse who'd never had one on his back.  All three days of Cuyama and we finished safe and sound.  Next time I used it was for a 50 miler two weeks later on the same horse.  Same good result except we needed to add a crupper (he doesn't have high withers and it was very steep in some places).  Next time was on my primary horse at the 50 mile Whiskeytown ride, a pretty tough ride and we did exceptionally well, even after Tally's pasture mate kicked him (again, another story).

We've never been pulled or had a sore back because of the saddle.  Keep in mind, I use it on 5 different arab horses (16 h 1200 lb. Lucky - da big boy; 15.3 h barely 900 lb. angular, high withered, skinny boy Tally; 15 hand 1100 lb. round/pregnant looking Sister; 900 lb. 14.2 h short coupled recently gelded greenie Justice; and, when I can steal him from his father/owner, 15.3 hand 1050 lb. elegant boy Star).  The only problem I've ever had was with the original Italian girth - which they don't sell anymore (might it have had something to do with my feedback??!!!).  Check with Chris or Steve at www.Freeformusa.com  Good guys and a really good saddle.  Oh, and I'm in the process of modifying it to use my old endurance leathers and stirrups.  My daughter was trying out my saddle and just put hers through the ring that theirs are sewn to.  I'll of course give my opinion once I try it out.

Good luck!
Sandy
p.s. I currently use the Equipedic pad with it but I'm in the process of getting one of the HAF pads they sell to try out.  I'll let you all know how it goes.
The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP is a Delaware limited liability partnership.