RE: [RC] WEC results in Khaleej Times Online - StephTeeter

There are three issues  that I can see with the information reported in this
article:

1) this is an FEI issue not an Organizing Committee issue. The FEI is
responsible
for all aspects of the competion This statement is coming from the wrong
Organization.
It is possible that FEI told the OC to make that announcment.

2) I believe the protocol to be that a change in placement due to drugging
is that
first, a blood sample is drawn and tested. If that shows positive, then a
second test
on the SAME sample is perfomed with much more legal and oversight
prescribed, and if
the second test fails, then the placements (and a DQ) occur.

This article seems to indicate that a different protocol is being used.

I can't find any FEI officials yet this morning. More later as the dust
begins
to settle.

johnt

DUBAI - Shaikh Hazza bin Sultan Al Nahyan was stripped of his FEI Endurance
World Championship
gold medal after his horse, Hachim, was tested positive for prohibited
substances. Dr Shaikh
Sultan bin Khalifa Al Nahyan, President of the UAE Equestrian and Racing
Federation, told
reporters that the horse has been tested positive for a prohibitive
substance in the mandatory
blood test carried out after the race. "A second blood sample will be done
on the horse and
if that was negative, Shaikh Hazza bin Sultan will be reinstated as the
winner and returned

the gold medal," said Dr Shaikh Sultan