[RC] WEC Fiasco - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Howard Bramhall howard9732@xxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well, I don't want to be the one who says, "I told ya so," but,

well, we may want to think who we are in bed with when it comes

to our beloved sport.  Because, if we continue on the track we

are on we will end up on this course, the one that rewards

winners with big money and Sundowner trailers for racing and

achieveing first place, when, what we really wanted was to run

for T-Shirts and the enjoyment of the sport, and that alone.

And, please, don't think it hasn't tainted us because it has

already.

Take their money, as we did last year at TEvis, and, will most

likely again this year, and, well, there will be no end to the

beginning of the end of American enduarance as we now know it.

It will become a rich man's sport, no others need apply.

The only way to stop it is to get involved.  Tell them, "No, we

won't accept the money, we won't race for the gold because it's

not what this sport is about.  At least not here."

cya,
Howard

Yes, maybe our Thoroughbred gambling syndicate hasn't jumped
into yet, but how many of you "Ridecamp junkies" have seen
this website?  Check it out, you'll find it interesting.

http://www.ambassadorendurance.com/

Once you've entered the site, on the left site map bar,
hover your cursor over "Rules-Regulations" and then click
on "FEI Emirates Worldwide Rankings".  Then when that page
opens on the lefthand side map bar, click on "Prizes".  You
will see that the First Place (Gold Medal) winner in their
point system wins $25,000 US Dollars.  The Ambassador
Endurance offers over $70,000 in prize money.  What's next,
an Internet-based Parimutuel Betting System for endurance?
I don't think that's it too far off!!
I agree that the FEI rides are an ENTIRELY different thing
than AERC rides!
Apparently "Ambassador Endurance" is an organization based
in France that promotes racing at the FEI level.  It is
headed by an Emirati, and on their Board of Management they
have members from Ireland, Great Britain, the U.S.A., Norway
and Switzerland.
Is endurance turning into a "richman's sport"?  The Maktoum's
also have so much money they can win a bid on a horse for
over $675,000 at a Thoroughbred yearling auction, at not even
know it.  With all of it's extravagancy, putting on the WEC
for the Maktoum's would be the same to us as putting on a
backyard barbecue?  A new book out is "Horse of a Different
Color", by Jim Squires, published by PublicAffairs.  The book
chronicles the life of the breeder of the 2001 Kentucky
Derby winner.  Much of the book mentions the Maktoums (among
others) who are monopolizing the Thoroughbred breeding
industry by buying up many of our Top Stallions.  Sound
familiar?!  The book is good reading and enlightening re: the Thoroughbred
industry.
Karen