[RC] superior program - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: mike everett mikeeverett@xxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

like any championship team and champion individual they come from a superior
program. superior coaching, winning philosophy, superior preparation and
dedication. they think outside the box! they pay attention to detail. details
such as how to improve the metabolics, etc. of themselves, horse or whatever.
they could care less if their mane is braided. they could care less if only 35%
of the field finished.they do not have excuses they do not think of
disadvantages, whether real or imagined. winners find ways to win and that is
what they concentrate on all the time and not at the expense of the horse. the
arabs, french and italians could care less what so and so did in 1998, 2002 or
any other year. they are improving every year. i bet it is not because of what
they did 2 years ago, but what they are doing today and what they do tomorrow.
i would suspect that the science that they condition by is far superior to
ours. as far as our horses completing? it is my understanding that 7 of 9 were
lame over new years. our program to compete on the international level is less
than it should be. representing yourself at a local aerc ride is one thing ,but
when you put USA across your chest and represent this country our program
should be the best in the world. i love the aerc and think it is one of the
best run organizations anywhere. i think the philosophy of to finish is to win
is a great view to have for all of us weekend warriors when we are representing
ourselves.i just think our international efforts are unacceptable. mike