Re: [RC] [RC] different sport - no morphing please! - Ibiteraaarr

Great post. What I sincerely hope is that if the rest of the world wants to "morph" into that edge, that's fine but I don't want that here in the AERC. And if the AERC big guys happen to be reading through these forums, then please take this as my vote to stay what American Endurance and the AERC are intended to be; that great "home town" feeling of getting together with like-minded individuals who have a passion for horses and the great outdoors as much as I do.

I guess what most of us, myself included, have a hard time understanding is that when anything gets that "big" so that it moves to the world stage, it becomes more politics then anything else. If that's what the WEC is, I guess that's ok for them, but that's not what AERC is and that's not what I joined it for. The real question seems to be whether or not Americans are willing to accept whatever perception the world may have of us/our endurance that we aren't "winners" by their definition, or are we willing to push the envelope so that we are better prepared to compete with everyone else.

I definately aspire to get Loki into 100's, but I think I prefer to stay at home doing so, and remain one of the average "little guys", with no big sponsorships. I applaud the American team who represented us and whatever their reasons were for staying together, I hope they all saved their equine counterparts a little less distress in doing so.

Congratulations to the American team.

Liz Dorner
Ct. Region