Re: [RC] horses sight unseen - Barbara McCrary

I, too, bought a horse sight unseen, except for a homemade video. He was a challenge at first, but definitely the smartest horse I've ever known. He decided I was worthy to be his person after I had had him for 9 months. We're definitely a team now. He's a fine endurance horse for me and finishes somewhere in the top third. The only down side is that he's not as smooth as I could like, but he's bearable. I wouldn't trade his personality, his intelligence or his careful ways on the trail for anything. Our partnership just took about twice as long as any other horse I've ever started on the trails, but then....he's worth twice as much, too.

Barbara
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2005 7:04 PM
Subject: [RC] horses sight unseen

In a message dated 1/27/2005 2:19:49 P.M. Central Standard Time, cschiro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Has anyone bought a horse sight unseen before?
I bought Liya sight unseen off the internet from Wyoming.  They took her to my friends in Montana and she brought her when she came to Tevis.  I only had to go 4 hours to pick her up.  She is exactly what they told me.  I got her off Sporthorsefinder.com website.

I also bought Jake because he was cute and cheap and Trilby did not want him because she did not think a non arab would hold up.  He has completed 16 50 milers since then and sometimes carrying my fat butt.  He is 14.1 and a SSH.

I have had a lot of offers to buy him and Liya but they are not for sale.  Of course I don't have a lot of offers on the horses I do want to sell......sigh...........