[RC] WEC TV - Maryanne Gabbani

New clip. The journalists were all taken to watch the Dubai contingent trotting horses on a track. Princess Haya is there next to Maktoum. This must be the interview session that Lucie was talking about.

One part is basically a journalist with an accent that I can't identify telling Maktoum how wonderful he is. He does state how we are all one big family, which we in Egypt would find rather laughable. No one here has ever been treated as family, maybe we don't count.

Asked about Olympic goals, Maktoum stated that endurance doesn't need the Olympics because they have the WEC. But Dubai would be happy to host the Olympics sometime in the future.

Both Maktoum and Princess Haya are doing a big PR job on the nature of endurance as a truly Arab sport. I wasn't aware of a strong connection with endurance for Haya other than the fact that she was the Lady of Equestrian Sport in Jordan. Around here, she's mostly known as a show jumper.

Don't know if it's the recent rains or they are riding on groomed sand, but the surface is lovely and hard. Wish we had a few miles of that sort of sand around here. Our desert is more sort that you see in the background of these shots. Sand, rock, sand, hills, sand...and no green stuff at all.

"All Arabs are good riders. It's in their blood." (I'd beg to differ, since I give lessons here) He started endurance riding at 2 yrs old in front of his father, apparently. The French team, and then all the teams, are praised as being "very professional".

Special shots of the boys kissing their horses (all of whom belong to the father by the way according to some of the people watching with me. Only the oldest son has a horse of his own.

Maryanne Stroud Gabbani
miloflamingo.blogspot.com
http://www.alsorat.com