Re: [RC] shipping a horse - Magnumsmom

Hi Dede,

I'm sure there are many good transport companies out there.
The one I have personal experience with and REALLY LIKE is
Snake River Equine Transportation.  Here is their website:

http://www.snakeriverequine.com/

This is their client refferal page:

http://www.snakeriverequine.com/reference.htm

This is what I wrote for them to put up on their refferals
page after my experience:

"Chris and Marsha are wonderful and very professional. I would and will
recommend them to my friends. They hauled a 2.5 year old gelding out
for me from GA to NM. My horse arrived in terrific shape and ready to
play. Chris handled them all with sensitivity and knowledge. Marsha kept
me informed daily of their status and location. I knew my horse was
getting personal handling because she knew what he was up to each day,
whether he was eating and drinking well, and how he felt about getting
back on the trailer the next morning. My horse obviously had a minimally
stressful trip. Their price is more than fair. Chris arrived on time with a
full trailer and every horse on it looked bright and happy. I would hire
Snake River Equine again in a heartbeat. Thank you Chris and Marsha for
taking such good care of my new horse!"

They are fantastic... and at the time (~ a year ago) you couldn't beat
the price.

... New horsie?  I haven't mentioned my new baby horsie???  BTW, he
is smart as heck, moves like a dream AND his 1/2 sister was listed up
on the endurance.net classifieds.  She's got that same look in her eye
and beautiful movement.  See "DFA Brown Sugar" listed 1/2/2005.
Gail is wonderful too.

:)  :)  :) - Kathy Myers
in Santa Fe, NM
ps... Blue came out from CA on Bob Hubbard and they did a fine job for
a very reasonable price.  However, Blue was definately tired when he
got off the trailer (they drive straight through and don't unload)... slept
for the first 2 days he was in NM and came down with a bad case of
horsie flu 2 or 3 weeks later.  Blue did eat and drink well on the trip
though... the drivers were knowledgeable and were able to tell me Blue
was the only horse to drink every single time they stopped.  So they do
pay attention to the horses.  They also fed him from the hay sent along
and brought me extra for transitioning.