[RC] Bonnie - cathryn whitaker

For those of you who didn't know Bonnie Patterson.  She was a friend and one of those people whom you meet on a ride somewhere between loops 3 or 4.  What a joy to be around. Someone who enjoyed a nice trail talk, Bonnie was the kind of lady that you felt you had known a long time by the time you rounded the curve to the next vet check.  I met her about 2 years ago after my riding partner (Wesley Crowe) left me as usual and I had decided to get a grip and ride conservatively.  I learned about her upbringing on a ranch and her life-long love for horses and family.  From that day on, I never saw her that she did not literally run to hug and kiss me and say  "How Ya doing Kid"  At Talladega, I overdid it for my training and came in at about 40 miles and opted out.  I was sick and I was in pain.  She saw me coming and said, "Go to your trailer, where are you parked? I'll take care of your horse."  I handed her the reins and limped away fully grateful for the help.  When I arose from my nap, my horse was standing on his picket, untacked, brushed, and munching quietly on fresh hay.  People, that was the last time I saw her.  Let's not forget the special people who make our sport so enjoyable and let's never forget Bonnie.  Charles, our hearts bear your burden.  May God bless you and the children.  Cathryn Whitaker

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.